Tuesday 2 August 2011

Rachel’s House of Attempted Humour and Probable Lameness


            Blogging. If I’m going to be 100% honest, I’ve always thought it was a bit of a weird thing to do – it definitely at least suggests that you think your own thoughts are unique enough, interesting enough for random strangers across the world to find them worth reading. But here I am. I’ll quite happily make my excuses, that various people among my acquaintances have suggested to me that I should blog (genuinely with reasoning from ‘I think you have an interesting perspective on life’ to ‘you, ya know, talk funny’. You know who you are.), but I guess deep down I must be arrogant enough to believe them. Either that or I’m just bored, which is definitely possible as the vast stretches of unemployment open up before me.
Yay.
Besides, what I hear from friends who’ve been at this job-hunting malarkey a lot longer than I have is that there are going to be some potentially entertaining stories in my near future, so hey I might as well share them with the other bored people out there who are looking for blogs to read. More to the point, the process of writing a blog might remind me how to write outside of science, which would be nice. (I’m taking things such as the fact that the first adjective to come to mind just there was ‘nice’ as definitive proof that I need reminding of how to write) So, consider yourselves warned. I will do all that’s in my conscious power to make this entertaining, even humorous, but it could all go (how to put this and keep it family friendly?) inappropriate-body-parts up.

No comments:

Post a Comment