Tuesday 16 August 2011

Good morning, Sunshine!


            *Author’s note (is that phrase appropriate here?....it doesn’t really matter that much does it…): because of such awesome things as the wedding, there have been many blog-worthy musings while I’ve been away from the computer, so I wrote them on paper (a strange concept I know) so now they’re all going up at once….this probably doesn’t make much difference to your life, but that tiny bit of OCD in me (don’t deny, we all have one, it just comes out in different ways and measures) compels me to tell you…*

Don’t you hate it when your body wakes you up at 05.40 for no particular reason. Especially when you have nothing planned for that day until 13.00. There’s something endlessly frustrating about knowing that your tired body could be sleeping. Right now. It’s only awake just to spite you. And then you’re on to the potentially insane, just-woken-up argument with and/or suspicion of yourself: your own body is against you. Ooo-ooo-ooo.
            But thankfully, after enough frustration and random tossing and turning, you get slapped in the face by full-awakeness, and the temporary insanity fades away in the echoes of that slap. You tell yourself, ‘Hey, this just means I’ll have more hours in my day’, and proceed to bustle through your morning routine, trying to inject a little extra energy and enthusiasm into washing and dressing because you realise that you have a real opportunity to be productive (which we all know is every recent graduate’s favourite thing…).
            But here comes the part that’s really annoying: I’m not home at the moment. I’m in a different city, staying in a friend’s friend’s house for my brother’s wedding, so I didn’t really bring things to be productive with. I don’t even have my laptop. In fact, that which I’m writing now is only in a notebook which happened to be shoved in my bag. So the closest to productive that I can get to with my 6 or so hours of extra time is writing a draft version of a random blog entry, made even more ridiculous by the fact that I don’t exactly do draft versions of stuff I write for fun…. Wow.
            *15 minutes down, 5hrs 45mins to go….where’s that book?*

No comments:

Post a Comment