Tuesday 16 August 2011

The Actual It


            Today was awesome. Insane, but awesome. My brother now has a wife. Who is awesome. And comes with awesome family.
            I don’t really think much more can be said, other than today was just one of those days that can’t really be categorised with any others because it just so entirely outranks any sense of awesome that I’ve ever before experienced. Which is pretty impressive really. Everything from the almost military operation at the hairdressers’ this morning, to the repeated realisation that this is how my hair will actually look for my brother’s wedding, this time of trying on my dress isn’t just trying it on, but me actually wearing it for my brothers wedding, this is the actual it, all the way through to seeing everybody at the church, the service where the preacher lost a page of his notes, but made it through ok anyway, and then on to the reception in the evening, and hearing the speeches and trying not to burst with pride for my family.
            I really couldn’t ask for anything better. Except perhaps to also be given an ability to put that into a sentence that doesn’t splurge across eight lines of the page...

No comments:

Post a Comment