Thursday 31 May 2012

Return of the Ramblings


Last time I wrote something for this blog was a looong time ago. You may or may not recall that I had a break from blogging a while back because I was being lame and everything’s crappy because of eternal unemployment so I have nothing to write about, so it’s really ironic that the reason I haven’t written for ages this time is because of the lack of time and energy left me by my new job... Apparently having a job actually requires effort, who knew? Well I guess most people know that but there’s knowing, and then there’s knowing

I am now almost three months into my shiny new job, so I have just about adjusted to the routine and am determined (again...) to not be lame with this anymore. I love writing silly things. Every time I think of a silly thing to write about, I get all excited, and then when I start writing I start rambling onto really random topics and end up with a sprawling mess of a blog post, but it’s so much fun that I don’t care how convoluted my sentences and stories end up being. And if you’re reading, then you probably don’t mind that much either...unless you’ve somehow been force-fed my blog, but that would be unfortunate and weird, and not in an everyday sense of weird, so....yeah. Not that.

Besides, I did a proactive thing (gasp!) and joined a writing group. Yeah, get me. So hopefully, they’ll keep me away from the valley of lame that I have twice now descended into, where I don’t write for very lame reasons (I think I need a new negative adjective...there’s only so many times you can get away with using the word lame...really). I went to my first ever writers’ group meeting yesterday, which funnily enough was on the topic of blogging, so I feel that that was a hefty enough prompt to make me sit down and write something, even if I seem to have written three paragraphs already without actually saying anything...to be honest, I don’t think any of us are particularly surprised by this. (That definitely made me sound like I was talking about myself in the plural, like me and the voices in my head or something, but it was meant to be me and you and that other peculiar person who for some reason reads my blog....oh well....unless you are voices in my head....oooo now I feel like I’m in the Matrix or something – that’s the thing with that film, you can never completely disprove it, and I do so hate déjà vu....meh)

If I haven’t yet bored you to tears or confused you with my nonsense, then I guess I could tell you a bit about this shiny new job. I mean, content-wise it’s not exactly fascinating because I work in sales, but I do have quite a lot of fun. I seem to have found myself in an office with people who enjoy some good sillinesses, which suits me down to the ground as you might imagine. Plus there’s also the added private entertainment in the fact that when I talk to or write to our clients, I have to behave like a real grown up, and generally speaking they believe me – there are people in this world, including some people who have had fairly regular contact with me, who think of me as a perfectly sensible sort of person. If that’s not funny, I don’t know what is.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    Here's a good video I found on YouTube about religion, you might like to view it and see what you think.

    ”God in my life”

    I think it makes a lot of good common sense don't you?

    From
    Chris Hill

    American youth: Young gifted and passionate about religion. ”Fiery lady”
    .

    ReplyDelete